Main content of the website

History & Centennial Celebrations

  • Font Size:A
  • A
  • A

History of Roblin The first inhabitants of the Roblin area lived off the land for thousands of years. When the railway reached the area at the beginning of the 1900s, many farmers and families from Eastern Europe settled in the area. In 1903, the first train came to Roblin.

The village was originally named Goose Lake, but in 1904 it was renamed Roblin after the Premier of Manitoba at the time.

Agricultural development led to rapid economic growth and by 1907 three elevators, a flour mill and a lumber mill were operating.

The Village of Roblin was officially incorporated in 1913 and became the Town of Roblin on May 1, 1962.

History of the Roblin Post Office
The original building that was on this lot before the Post Office was a feed lot/livery, built by Mr. Hartmar, which included a parking lot for horses. The Post Office was established on April 1, 1904 when the village was still called Goose Lake, with an addition and renovations done in 1937. The first Postmaster recorded was J.W. Atkey. The post office has served Roblin and area for 116 years with generations of the Kines family serving as postmaster for 100 of those years. Currently Larry Kines serves as the post master.