Ten local organizations, including Goose Lake High and the Roblin District Health Centre, shared in some $42,500 as the Roblin District Community Foundation held its 13th annual grants evening Friday October 26, 2018 at the Life & Art Centre.
Since 2005 the foundation has returned over $375,000 back to the community!!
Receiving grants (in order of presentation) this year were:
- Roblin District Health Centre - $9,259.44 to replace old room dividers;
- Crocus Court Personal Care Home - $5,918.56 for the renovation of the kitchenette of the activity department and additional interactive panel board for residents;
- Roblin Citizens on Patrol Program - $500 for binoculars and a dash cam to use when on patrol;
- Roblin Raiders High School Hockey Club - $2,938 for a replacement set of jerseys;
- Goose Lake High - $6,401 to update sound equipment;
- Keystone Pioneers Museum - $3,024 to replace the roof on the artifacts building;
- Roblin District Health Care Auxiliary - $3,600 to purchase a blanket warming cabinet for the hospital;
- Roblin Ag Society - $1,900 for food booth renovations;
- Roblin Children's Centre - $5,000 for building renovations;
- Merridale Community Club - $4,000 to replace the roof of the former Merridale School.
A time for socializing and refreshments took place after recipients and presenters posed for a group photo. The foundation's annual general meeting, which was scheduled to follow, was postponed.